100% complete, ’67 VW Beetle oil bath air cleaners. These include the original and desired flapped weights that are often times removed. Air cleaners ship drained of oil. You will need to fill it to the required level before installation. I’m more than happy to walk you through any questions you may have. My goal is that you receive an German ’67 oil bath air cleaner that is as close to NOS quality as possible. Note: Recent slight increase in cost is due to the rising cost of supplies.
Subject to quantities on hand and inventory changes weekly.
I can also restore your own unit and offer a core exchange if I do in fact have it in stock. Please contact me first so we can talk about your needs.
This is very detailed work that I take a lot of pride in.
My process includes a full professional restoration.
- Disassemble & drain all oil
- Unit must be 100% clean before sandblasting
- Sandblasted down to bare metal
- Solvent wash on all components
- Cotter pins removed and replaced
- 3 coats of color primer
- Wet sanded to 100% perfection
- 3 coats of high-quality automotive enamel on the shell
- 1 final semi-gloss automotive enamel coat
- Reassemble with close attention to detail
- Affix new air cleaner decal
- Metal is reshaped as needed (no dings)
- Locking bolt restored or replaced
- Locking clips and flapped weights are professionally re-plated
- VW literature. This includes detailed instructions on how to keep your oil bath air cleaner functioning properly.
- Carefully packaged, fully insured and shipped to your door
Air Cleaner Decals
As mentioned above, I have these in stock in both the water transfer and sticker type.
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
If you receive a restored German ’67 oil bath air cleaner from me and are not 100% happy with the quality, it can be returned for a full refund. I stand behind what I produce and take a lot of pride in this work.
As some may know, I own my grandfather’s L620 Savannah Beige ’67 Volkswagen Beetle. I’ve worked as a visual designer / art director for the last 11 years. Over the last 7, I’ve been working on the ’67. During that time, I fell in love with creating real tangible objects and working with my hands. I’m obsessed with small details and the idea of bringing something old back to its former glory. Thus, the idea came to mind to offer air cleaner restoration services. I do have a special interest in the ’67 model Beetle; however, I can restore any year if it’s stock. I take a lot of pride in the work I do.
Restoration Services Available
If you’d like me to restore your air cleaner, please contact me first.
Every step is taken to assure that your restored German ’67 oil bath air cleaner is good as NOS. However, you have to remember that these parts are over 40 years old — and the abuse or neglect they’ve seen during their life is always a factor, even after taken down to bare metal. This alone also renders some beyond practical limits of restoration. Finding good core pieces is becoming more difficult and more expensive and it sometimes takes 3 cores to make 1 unit.
My oil bath air cleaner restoration work was recently featured on Classic VW Bugs.
Thank you for your business and supporting 1967beetle.com.